Schedules of Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- Open from 10:00 to 18:00
last admission 17:30.
- Close: Tuesdays and on the following days — 1 January, Easter Sunday, 1 May, 24 and 25 December.
Address: Avenida de Berna 45A. 1067-001 Lisbon.
– Calouste Gulbenkian Museum 10 euros.
– 50% to visitors up to 29 and over 65.
– 20% with Lisbon Card or Ciência Viva Card.
– 10% Lisbon Sightseeing or City Sightseeing.
– Sundays after 14:00.
– Minors up to 12.
– Carers for people with disabilities or limited mobility.
– ICOM, AICA and APOM members.
– Gulbenkian Artist Card and Press Card.
Book your hotel in Lisbon, Portugal
Hotel rooms at great prices.
Mr. Calouste Gulbenkian history
Calouste Gulbenkian (1869-1955) arrived in Portugal during the Second World War and fell in love with the country, staying here to reside. After death left the fortune to create a foundation, with the purpose to foster the national culture, and that bears his name.
He was born in Turkey and studied in England, later adopting the nationality of that country.
Son of wealthy families, he increased personal wealth by using his knowledge to mediate negotiations between Eastern and European countries seeking new sources of raw energy, namely oil.
In 1942 he arrived in Portugal. He came sick and in the confusion of the war he ended up staying longer than he had expected, falling in love with the country.
He left part of his fortune and his art collection to a foundation created with his name. It is one of the most important cultural foundations of the country.
- Also see:
- Monuments and museums in Lisbon
- Attractions in Lisbon
- Monuments and museums in Sintra
- Monuments and museums in Fatima
- Monuments and museums in Portugal
Rent-a-car in Lisbon, Portugal
Rent a car with special offers in the brands that you know.
Lisbon transfers and tours
Your private transfer and tour in Lisbon 24/7 all year long. Transfer with sedans, minivans, minibus and bus.
Cellphone: +351 969 550 167
Phone: +351 211 315 522
Whatsapp: +351 969 550 167
Tourism Travel Agency in Lisbon, operating in Portugal
Portuguese Tourism Authority
R.N.A.V.T. : 5266