Schedules of Belém Tower
- From 9:30am to 6:00pm, the last ticket sales time is at 5:00pm and the last entry is at 5:30pm.
- Close: Mondays, 1 January, Easter Sunday, May 1, June 13, December 25.
Morada: Avenida de Brasília. 1400-038 Lisboa.
Belém Tower ticket
- Ticket: 6,00 euros.
- Discounts of 50 %
- Visitors aged 65 or older.
- Student’s card (not for study visits).
- Youth Card.
- Family ticket (minimum 4 members of near family or similar).
Exemptions: Proof of entitlement required.
– The entrance is free in National Museums and Monuments at sundays and holidays until 2 p.m. for residents in Portugal.
– Children aged 12 and under.
– Unemployed EU citizens.
– Visitors with reduced mobility (60% disability with documents to prove it) accompanied by one attendant.
– ICOM, ICOMOS and APOM members, Journalists, Researchers /conservators/restorers, museum and/or heritage professionals during the course of their work.
– Cultural associations (exclusively for groups of friends of museums, monuments, palaces, castles and archaeological sites).
– Volunteers working for the DGPC with one accompanying person.
– European Heritage Days (Sunday).
– International Day of Monuments and Sites – 18 April (exclusively for DGPC Monuments).
– International Museum Day – 18 May (exclusively for DGPC museums and palaces).
– Late-night Museums and Thursday Nights (access restricted to activities organised by the DGPC).
– Teachers and students of any level of education, including universities for senior citizens, during study visits duly proven, and upon prior reservation confirmed by the relevant Dependent Service.
– Groups of accredited Portuguese welfare institutions or social work departments of municipalities or other public interest institutions. Prior approval is required from the DGPC executive board.
Belém Tower history
The Tower of Belém, also called the Tower of São Vicente, was built by Dom Manuel 1, due to the success of the maritime campaigns. Built in a military architectural style at the beginning of the 16th century, between 1514 and 1519, as a defensive tower for the city of Lisbon. to avoid pirate attacks due to products arriving in Lisbon from India.
In 1983 it was classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and chosen as one of the Seven Wonders of Portugal in 2007.
Book your hotel in Lisbon, Portugal
Hotel rooms at great prices.
- Also see:
- Monuments and museums in Lisbon
- Attractions in Lisbon
- Monuments and museums in Sintra
- Monuments and museums in Fatima
- Monuments and museums in Portugal
Rent-a-car in Lisbon, Portugal
Rent a car with special offers in the brands that you know.
Lisbon transfers and tours
Your private transfer and tour in Lisbon 24/7 all year long. Transfer with sedans, minivans, minibus and bus.
Cellphone: +351 969 550 167
Phone: +351 211 315 522
Whatsapp: +351 969 550 167
Tourism Travel Agency in Lisbon, operating in Portugal
Portuguese Tourism Authority
R.N.A.V.T. : 5266