Schedules of Tile Museum
- Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm. Last entrance at 5:30pm.
- Close: Mondays, 1st of January, Easter Sunday, 1st of May, 13 of June, 25 of December.
- Library :
Monday to Friday, from 14:00 to 17:30, by prior appointment.
Address : Rua Madre de Deus 4. 1900-312 Lisboa.
Tile Museum ticket
Standard Ticket : 5.00 Euros.
Book your hotel in Lisboa, Portugal
Hotel rooms at great prices.
- Discounts : Proof of entitlement required.
- Visitors aged 65 or older – 50%
- Student’s card (not for study visits) – 50%
- Youth Card – 50%
- Family ticket (1/2 adults + 2 children) – 50%
- Protocols with third party institutions – 20%
Free : Proof of entitlement required.
– National Museums and Monuments at sundays and holidays until 2pm for residents in Portugal.
– Children aged 12 and under.
– Unemployed EU citizens.
– Visitors with reduced mobility (60% disability with documents to prove it) accompanied by one attendant.
– ICOM, ICOMOS and APOM members.
– Researchers /conservators/restorers, museum and/or heritage professionals during the course of their work.
– Cultural associations (exclusively for groups of friends of museums, monuments, palaces DGPC).
– Volunteers working for the DGPC with one accompanying person.
– European Heritage Days (Sunday).
– International Day of Monuments and Sites – 18 April (exclusively for DGPC Monuments).
– International Museum Day – 18 May (exclusively for DGPC museums and palaces).
– Late-night Museums and Thursday Nights (access restricted to activities organised by the DGPC).
– Tourism professionals upon presentation of a proof of registration with the RNAAT.
– Journalists during the course of their work, with prior notice.
– >DGPC employees* with 3 accompanying persons.
– Teachers and students of any level of education, including universities for senior citizens, during study visits duly proven, and upon prior reservation confirmed by the relevant Dependent Service.
– Groups of accredited Portuguese welfare institutions or social work departments of municipalities or other public interest institutions. Prior approval is required from the DGPC executive board.
- Combined Tickets :
- Riverfront – National Museum of Ancient Art + National Tile Museum + National Pantheon – 15,00 Euros.
- Lisbon – 8 Lisbon Museums (Dr. Anastácio Gonçalves House-Museum + Music Museum + Chiado Museum + National Museum of Ancient Art + National Tile Museum + National Costume Museum + National Theatre Museum + National Pantheon) – 25,00 Euros.
- Tile and Pantheon: National Pantheon + Tile Museum – 7,00 Euros
History of National Tile Museum
The museum collection features decorative ceramic tiles or azulejos from the second half of the 15th century to the present-day. Besides tiles, it includes ceramics, porcelain and faience from the 17th to the 21th century. Its permanent exhibition starts with a display of the materials and techniques used for manufacturing tiles. After this brief introduction, the exhibition route follows a chronological order.
The National Tile Museum was established in 1965 and became a National Museum in 1980. It is located in the former Convent of Madre Deus, founded by Queen D. Leonor in 1509. The Museum went through different building campaigns that involved transformations such as in its 16th-century mannerist cloister; the church which is decorated with remarkable sets of paintings and tiles; the sacristy featuring a Brazilian wood display cabinet and carved wood frames with paintings; the high choir with rich carved gilt wood embellishments; the Chapel of Saint Anthony with an 18th century Baroque decoration and a significant number of canvases by the painter André Gonçalves.
Contents edited by DDCI.
- Also see:
- Monuments and museums in Lisbon
- Attractions in Lisbon
- Monuments and museums in Sintra
- Monuments and museums in Fatima
- Monuments and museums in Portugal
Rent-a-car in Lisbon, Portugal
Rent a car with special offers in the brands that you know.
Lisbon transfers and tours
Your private transfer and tour in Lisbon 24/7 all year long. Transfer with sedans, minivans, minibus and bus.
Cellphone: +351 969 550 167
Phone: +351 211 315 522
Whatsapp: +351 969 550 167
Tourism Travel Agency in Lisbon, operating in Portugal
Portuguese Tourism Authority
R.N.A.V.T. : 5266