Schedules of National Palace and Gardens of Queluz
- Open everydays. Except Christmas Eve and Day (24th and 25th December) and New Year’s Eve and Day (31st December and 1st January).
09:00 to 18:00 (last admission 17:30).
Address: Largo Palácio de Queluz. 2745-191 Queluz.
National Palace and Gardens of Queluz ticket
- Palace + Gardens
– Ticket for adults (18 – 64 yrs) 10,00 Euros.
– Ticket for youths (6 – 17 yrs) 8,50 Euros.
– Ticket for seniors (over 65 yrs) 8,50 Euros.
– Family ticket (2 adults + 2 youths) 33,00 Euros.
– On Sundays, residents of Sintra can visit the parks and palaces “Parques de Sintra” for free, upon presentation of proof of address.
– To benefit from a reduction on your visit to several sites, choose combined tickets.
The “Parks of Sintra” : Palace and Gardens of Queluz, National Palace of Sintra, Park and National Palace of Pena, Chalet and Garden of the Countess of Edla, Moorish Castle, Vila Sassetti, Park and Palace of Monserrate, Convent of the Capuchos and Portuguese School of Equestrian Art.
– Ticket for adults (18 – 64 yrs) 5,00 Euros.
– Ticket for youths (6 – 17 yrs) 3,50 Euros.
– Ticket for seniors (over 65 yrs) 3,50 Euros.
– Family ticket (2 adults + 2 youths) 15,00 Euros.
Book your hotel in Queluz, Portugal.
Hotel rooms at great prices.
National Palace of Queluz history
The National Palace of Queluz and its gardens are, in Portugal, one of the most beautiful examples of the style of construction used by the nobility in the 18th and 19th centuries. These were centuries in which the architectural styles were Baroque, Rococo and Neoclassicism.
Ordered to be built in 1747 by the future D. Pedro III, king consort of D. Maria 1 (mother of Dom Pedro and Dom Miguel), the Palace of Queluz was built to be the summer residence of the Royal Family, which inhabited it from 1794 until the departure for Brazil, in 1807, following Napoleon’s invasions of Portugal.
The Palace still has several pieces of furniture used by royalty throughout the ages. The room where Dom Pedro 4 was born and died is almost as it was then.
A stroll through the gardens is rejuvenating. The water channel, where Queen Carlota Joaquina, took the princes, Pedro and Miguel, for a walk in a small boat. The tiles, the shapes of the flowerbeds, the stones, everything heightens our senses.
- See also:
- Monuments and museums in Queluz
- Monuments and museums in Sintra
- Monuments and museums in Lisbon
- Monuments and museums in Portugal
Rent-a-car in Lisbon, Portugal
Rent a car with special offers in the brands that you know.
Queluz transfers and tours
Your private transfer and tour in Queluz 24/7 all year long. Transfer with sedans, minivans, minibus and bus.
Cellphone: +351 969 550 167
Phone: +351 211 315 522
Whatsapp: +351 969 550 167
Tourism Travel Agency operating in Portugal
Portuguese Tourism Authority
R.N.A.V.T. : 5266